SAVORY BREAKFAST OPTION
Butternut squash roasted and wilted spinach. If you like savory food, you will like this recipe.
Butternut pumpkin/squash and wilted spinach combinations are an easy way to get a healthy breakfast without breaking the bank. It is delicious with a great play of flavors. The sweet flavor of squash and the savory taste of spinach. The beautiful colors of nature represented on the plate is just beautiful.
This recipe is one of my favorites healthy breakfast ideas. It is a really good post workout meal. This breakfast recipe is an excellent source of dietary fiber and minerals like iron, potassium, vitamin a, vitamin c, and calcium. Adding avocado to the plate is a good way of having healthy fats.
This delicious recipe is also a great option if you are gluten intolerant and low-carb. The recipe is vegan and vegetarian friendly mainly because it is plant based. You can always tweak the recipe to suit your dietary needs.
Serving size: 1 serving
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Carbs: 17g
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- Calories: 138
- 100g Butternut pumpkin
- 75g (handful) Baby spinach
- 1/2 TBSP Coconut oil
- Place a pan on medium to low heat
- Add half a tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan
- Sautee the butternut pumpkin and add the spices
- When the butternut pumpkin is soft that you can easily put a fork through it
- Add in the baby spinach. Keep stirring until the spinach is wilted to your liking
Are you more into sweet or savory foods?
Keep you posted till next time